Prince Harry: World leaders need less testosterone
Prince Harry: World leaders need less testosterone

Telegraph reportersThu, August 20, 2026 at 8:06 AM UTC
0

Prince Harry made the remarks at a charity event in Washington on Wednesday night - AP Photo/Alex Brandon
The Duke of Sussex has said that world leaders need “a little less testosterone”.
Prince Harry said there was a need for “moral leadership” and warned that a “very, very small group of people are making decisions that are impacting the entire world”, at an event for veterans and defence officials in Washington on Wednesday night.
The Duke made the remarks hours after The Telegraph revealed that he and his wife, the Duchess of Sussex, were planning to move back to Britain.
“What we need is the younger generation coming into leadership who perhaps see the world slightly differently,” he said. “And I think a little less testosterone might do as well.”

The Duke, who served in the Army, said the ‘world needs more heroes’ - AP Photo/Alex Brandon
At the event organised by The Independence Fund, a US organisation that helps severely wounded veterans, the Duke revealed that he was looking into launching a commercial scheme to help former military personnel, saying that their skills were not being utilised in civilian life.
The Duke, who served in the Army, told former service members that the “world needs more heroes”, adding: “It’s not about creating more heroes, because they already live among us. It’s about being able to really value their expertise, their experiences.”
On Wednesday, The Telegraph revealed that the Sussexes intended to relocate from the US this month to a private, non-royal residence thought to be outside London. Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, aged seven and five respectively, have been enrolled to start at a British school next month.
There are no plans for either the Duke or Duchess to reprise their official working roles in the Royal family, though their move raises the prospect that they could do so in the future.

The Duke has expressed interest in launching a commercial scheme to help former military personnel - AP Photo/Alex Brandon
It is understood that the King was made aware of the move on Sunday, only three days before it was made public. He was said to have been pleased at the opportunity to see more of his family in a private capacity.
Advertisement
However, the monarch is clear that the Duke and Duchess’s status as non-working royals and private individuals, in keeping with their expressed wishes, will remain unchanged.
The Sussexes’ decision raises the question of how the Prince and Princess of Wales will meet the news.
While the Duke has started building bridges with his father, his relationship with his brother, Prince William, remains fractured.
The pair are thought to have not spoken for years. Both the Prince and Princess of Wales are said to feel deeply betrayed by the revelations made in the Duke’s memoir, Spare, and in television interviews.
Prince Harry has made it clear that he misses the UK and is desperate for his children to experience British life and culture.
The move will also enable him to dedicate further time to his charitable organisations. Invictus 2027 takes place in Birmingham next July, and the Duke hopes that the King will join him to open the event.

Prince Harry has made it clear that he misses the UK - Alex Brandon/AP Photo
His relationship with his father has improved in recent months, with the pair chatting regularly on the phone.
When the Duke and Duchess returned to the UK last month, they enjoyed a long-awaited reunion with the King and Queen at Highgrove, the monarch’s Gloucestershire home.
It was the first time Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet had seen their grandfather in four years. The meeting was considered a key step on the road to reconciliation.
Source: “AOL Entertainment”